Creating Loyal Clients by Delivering Extraordinary Customer Experiences
The secret to successful business engagements depends on your ability to connect with your key stakeholders. When that stakeholder is the client, connectivity begins with extraordinary customer experiences that start the moment customers first engage your organization, and they don’t stop if your goal is creating loyal clients. Because the minute they stop, you no longer have a client. Lose enough clients, and you no longer have a business. Therefore, it is vital to the success of the company that every single employee commits to creating successful business engagements by delivering extraordinary customer experiences and developing lasting connections with the clients.
To the client, employees are the face of the company. It is imperative that they make customer interactions personal and memorable.
- Employees connect with customers when they welcome them with a warm and friendly greeting the moment they arrive on the scene.
- Employees connect with clients when they personalize the interaction by calling clients by name, asking how they are doing, and caring about the answer.
- Employees connect with clients when they give customers their undivided attention.
- Employees connect with clients when they maintain a positive, “I want to help you” attitude.
- Employees connect with clients when they do what they say they are going to do, when they say you are going to do it, and if they find they cannot, they let clients know.
- Employees connect with clients when they exceed customers’ expectations.
- Employees connect with clients when there is a gap between what is expected and what is delivered, they make it right and make sure that it does not happen again.
- Employees connect with clients when they follow up to make sure their expectations were met and all issues were successfully resolved.
- Employees connect with clients when they thank customers for their business and give them a warm, friendly good-bye.
- Employees connect with clients when they send the customer a note thanking them for their patronage.
- Employees connect with clients when they send holiday messages wishing customers the very best.
Connecting with clients is not an annual Customer Appreciation Event. It is not a marketing promotion that gives them the “friends and family” discount. It is delivering extraordinary customer experiences and creating lasting connections all day, every day that create loyal customers. Nothing is more vital to the success of a business than developing those relationships.